Staying in shape during our first pregnancy is not only going to be healthy for the baby but it will be healthy for me too!
This week marks our entry into the sixth month of pregnancy. I can't believe that we are half way there! I guess time flies when you are feeling beyond blessed, however this journey has been one that ceases to amaze us.
aquaBelly™ is safer than land based exercise for expecting women since the exercises are performed in the water allowing for less wear and tear on the joints and creating an environment that is safer from injury as it is buoyant and nearly non-impact.
Benefits of aquatic fitness during pregnancy for mom:
- Increase in maternal well being
- Quicker return to pre-pregnancy weight
- Decreased incidence of loss of bladder control during pregnancy and postpartum
- Reduction in bone density loss during the lactation state
- Reduction in common pregnancy complaints (hemorrhoids, leg cramps back pain etc)
Benefits to our baby:
- Infants have less body fat at birth
- Infants are less cranky, have a reduction in the incidence of infant colic
- Greater neurodevelopmental scores in oral language and motor areas (tested at age 5)